The QuickVue iFOB (immunochemical Fecal Occult Blood) Test is an immunochemical device intended for the qualitative detection of fecal occult blood by laboratories or physicians’ offices.
Description: 20 Test Kit, Includes:1 Pkg Insert, 1 Procedure Card, 20 Individually Wrapped Test
Cassettes, 20 Specimen Collection & Return Kits Each Containing 1 Collection Tube w/2mL FOB Buffer,
1 Collection Paper w/adhesive, 1 Pouch, 1 Absorbent Sleeve, 1 Return Mail Box & 1 Patient Instructions
|Bold Burgundy Color End Points:||Easy to read test results.|
|5 to 10 Minutes to Result:||Allows prompt diagnosis and treatment scheduling.|
|1 Step Procedure:||Fewer procedural steps. Decreases risk of operator error.|
|Pictorial Procedure Guide:||Simplifies understanding of test procedure.|
|Immunochemical Assay:||Specific to human hemoglobin, unlike Guaiac-based tests which also detect peroxidase activity and animal blood from food.|
|Room Temperature Storage:||Requires no reagent warm-up. Use as needed without waiting. Does not take up refrigerator space.|
|24 Month Dating*:||Provides flexibility for low volume labs.|
|Built-in Internal Control:||Indicates an adequate volume of specimen was used.|
|Patented Specimen Collection Tube:||Convenient, odor-free collection tube functions as specimen applicator and allows for short-term storage of sample. Specimen remains hydrated maintaining the integrity of the sample.|
|No dietary restrictions:||Improves patient compliance.|
|No medication restrictions:||Improves patient compliance.|
|USPS Compliant Packaging:||Provides for safe and efficient specimen transport. (Excluding product 20201)|
|Assigned CPT Code (G0328):||Recognized by Medicare for reimbursement. See Reimbursement section below for more information.|
|External Kit Controls Available:||Facilitates internal laboratory quality control.|
|Technical Support:||Professional staff available for assistance.|
|* From date of manufacture|
HOW TO USE:
1. Enter the Patient Identification information on the Collection Tube label. NOTE: Do not allow fecal specimen to contact toilet water until after the sample has been collected. Do not urinate on fecal specimen or Collection Paper.
2. Attach Collection Paper to toilet seat: a. Raise toilet cover and seat. b. Remove tape cover from each end of the Collection Paper. c. Position Collection Paper on rear half of toilet bowl, allowing paper to sag. d. Press the tape down on each side of the toilet bowl. e. Deposit fecal specimen on Collection Paper. f. Do not remove the Collection Paper from the toilet bowl.
3. Unscrew the Sampler from the Collection Tube.
4. With the fecal specimen still on the Collection Paper, randomly pierce the specimen with the grooved end of the Sampler in at least five (5) different sites
5. Insert the Sampler into the Collection Tube and firmly tighten it.
6. Shake the tube to mix the specimen and the FOB buffer.
7. Flush remaining specimen and used Collection Paper