IGF-1 or insulin-like growth factor 1 (brand name: Increlex) is a growth factor which is very closely related to insulin. It carries the same amount of amino acids as insulin and is responsible for the anabolic reactions to GH. IGF is also called somatomedin C, its a protein in humans that is encoded by the IGF1 gene. IGF-1 has also been referred to as a “sulfation factor” and its effects were termed “nonsuppressible insulin-like activity” (NSILA) in the 1970s.
· Low thyroid hormone levels, or hypothyroidism
· Liver disease
· Diabetes that isn’t well-controlled
To help diagnose growth hormone (GH) deficiency or, less commonly, growth hormone excess; to evaluate pituitary function; to monitor the effectiveness of GH treatment.
Turnaround time for the IGF-1 test is typically 1-3 business days.
Fasting is not required for this test.
1. Select the test panel of your choice.
2. Add the panel to your cart and complete the purchasing process.
3. Once you've purchased your panel, you will be contacted via email by our lab employee to set up and locate your nearest lab testing facility.
4. Visit the lab facility discussed and give them your test requisition before getting your blood drawn. When your results are ready, you will be notified via email with credentials to log into your dashboard and access the results.
We highly recommend that you discuss your results with a healthcare professional. Keep in mind that an abnormal result could be an early warning but does not always indicate a disease or illness.
We currently cannot sell blood test to residents in CA, FL, MD, NJ, NV, NY, MD, PA, and RI
You must be logged in to add and read reviews. Please click here to login or create an account.