- certification from the Food & Drug Administration for medical and personal healthcare use.
- DOT / NTHSA: Approved by the Department of Transportation and the National Traffic & Highway Safety Administration.
- Law Enforcement grade
- Accuracy: +/- 0.01% at 0.10% BAC
- Breath sampling time: About 5 sec
- 1year warranty
- Includes: Car Adapter, Hard Case, Carrying Bag, 9V Battery, 2 Mouth Pieces, Hand Strap, & Breathalyzer.
Shopping Tips for Breathlyzers:
- Check calibration function: Many cheap breathalyzers do not have calibration function. All breathalyzers require calibration. Life of breathalyzer will be limited to only about 200-250 tests if it does not have calibration function.
- Accuracy: For reliability, purchase ones that have tolerance within +/- 0.01 at 0.10% BAC
- Warranty: Ensure at least 3 months of Manufacturer’s warranty period for return services.
- DOT/NHTSA Approved Breathalyzer? DOT/NHTSA do not approve breathalyzers, but confirms whether or not the unit meets DOT requirements. The words 'DOT Approved' are misleading and/or are incorrect statements.
These screening devices are used for screening all positives should be confirmed alternative method in accordance with the law.
Alco Mate Pro