The Bee and Stinging Insect Allergy Test is a panel that screens for allergic reactions to venoms of certain insects.
The panel detects a person’s sensitivity to, or severe intolerance of, stings by the following:
- Honey bee
- Yellow jacket
- Yellow hornet
- White-faced hornet (also called bald-faced hornet)
- Paper wasp
Most individuals experience mild or moderate reaction, which is usually characterized by local inflammation. However, there are some who are at a higher risk of developing anaphylaxis, which can be deadly. Anaphylaxis involves the over-release of chemicals that may lead to shock or cardiac arrest.
Why Take the Bee and Stinging Insect Allergy Test?
This screening procedure checks for an individual’s allergic reactions to being stung by an insect, although it does not indicate the severity. However, it helps allergists develop ways to manage the condition. Treatment options include epinephrine administration or venom immunotherapy.
Turnaround time: Bee and Stinging Insect Allergy test results arrive within six (6) business days.
1. Select the test panel of your choice.
2. Add the panel to your cart and complete the purchasing process.
3. Once you've purchased your panel, you will be contacted via email by our lab employee to set up and locate your nearest lab testing facility.
4. Visit the lab facility discussed and give them your test requisition before getting your blood drawn. When your results are ready, you will be notified via email with credentials to log into your dashboard and access the results.
We highly recommend that you discuss your results with a healthcare professional. Keep in mind that an abnormal result could be an early warning but does not always indicate a disease or illness.
We currently cannot sell blood test to residents in CA, FL, MD, NJ, NV, NY, MD, PA, and RI