BTA rapid test is a useful aid for screening of high-risk populations and monitoring of bladder cancer using urine specimens.
High-risk populations include: smokers, exposure to aromatic amines, long term users of certain medications (chloranphazine, phenacetine, cyclophosphamide), bilharziosis, Balkan nephropathy, and chronic interstitial nephritis. Early diagnosis is essential since prognosis varies strongly on the degree of disease dissemination.
Reoccurrence of bladder cancer is frequent and therefore monitoring is important
Detection of recurrent bladder cancer in only 5 minutes.
Reading results is easy since positive results are indicated by 2 red bands and negative results show 1 red band. The control band must always be present (absence indicates an invalid result).
· Uses monoclonal antibodies to detect the presence of bladder tumor associated antigen in urine
· Detects early stage/grade cancers that cytology often misses
· Returns fast, objective result - a line in the patient window indicates a positive result
· Requires only one voided urine sample, with no sample preparation
· Adjunct test to cystoscopy
· Easy test procedure and interpretation
· No patient discomfort
· All-inclusive kit