· Heart Health
· Men’s Health
· Women’s Health
Homocysteine testing is useful in checking the overall risk of heart disease. Screening for elevated homocysteine levels is recommended in patients with a strong personal or family history of heart disease, and it is also recommended for patients with unexplained blood clots, heart attacks, strokes, or other symptoms related to heart disease, especially if they do not have typical risk factors, such as smoking cigarettes, diabetes, high blood pressure, or high LDL cholesterol levels.
Turnaround time for the Homocysteine test is typically 2-5 business days.
Fasting is not required for this test.
Instructions for Ordering Test Panels:
1. Select the test panel of your choice.
2. Add the panel to your cart and complete the purchasing process.
3. Once you've purchased your panel, you will be contacted via email by a Biostat employee to set up and locate your nearest lab testing facility.
4. Visit the lab facility discussed and give them your test requisition before getting your blood drawn. When your results are ready, you will be notified via email with credentials to log into your dashboard and access the results.
5. Test results can take 3-4 days to be processed.
We highly recommend that you discuss your results with a healthcare professional. Keep in mind that an abnormal result could be an early warning but does not always indicate a disease or illness.
We currently cannot sell blood test to residents in NY, NJ, MD, and RI.
You must be logged in to add and read reviews. Please click here to login or create an account.