REVEAL Single Menopause Test
The Reveal Midstream Menopause Test uses antibodies, highly specific to FSH, to detect the presence of FSH in urine. If you obtain a positive result from this test, it indicates that you may reach menopause and you should see your doctor for professional assistance.
FSH (Follicle-stimulating hormone) is an important hormone that initiates the growth and development of ovarian follicles during the female menstrual cycle. These follicles secrete estradiol, which controls the circulating levels of FSH. At the menopause stage, there is a decrease in estradiol secretion due to the diminished ovarian function and as a result, the FSH levels increase significantly.
- In less than 5 minutes, elevated levels of (hFSH) equal to or greater than 25 mIU/mL can be detected.
- Tests Urine
- Built-in control system
- Shelf-life up to 18-24 months
STORAGE AND STABILITY
The test kit can be stored at temperatures between 2 to 30°C in the sealed pouch to the date of expiration. The test kit should be kept away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- For in vitro diagnostic use only.
- Do not use test kit beyond expiry date.
- The test device should not be reused.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
- Negative: Only one color band appears on the control region. No apparent band on the test region. Elevated levels of (hFSH) equal to or greater than 25 mIU/mL was not detected.
- Positive: Distinct color bands appear on the control and test regions. Both test line and control line indicates that you are most likely experiencing menopause. Color intensity of the test bands may vary. Different stages of menopause have different concentrations of (hFSH) hormone.
- Invalid: No visible band at all. Repeat test with a new test kit.
- Do not stream past the arrow end
- To begin testing, open the sealed pouch by tearing along the notch. Remove test kit from the pouch.
- Hold the Thumb Grip and place the absorbent wick of the device into your urine stream for about 10 seconds.
- Point the absorbent tip downward; place the absorbent tip in urine stream for at least 10 seconds to be thoroughly wet. Otherwise, you can collect your urine into a clean cup and dip at least 4/5 of the absorbent pad into the urine for at least 10 seconds.
- Re-cap the device and wait for colored bands to appear.