Anabolic steroids are an important class of abused drugs that have lately been spotlighted in the media. In order to maintain fair play in sporting events, they are banned by many sporting federations. Yet, the use and abuse of anabolic steroids continues today in the United States.
Turnaround time is 7 working days from specimen receipt at the lab.
Our Lab gives the TE ratio.
Steroid use is not only damaging to the integrity of sports; it also poses many potential health risks. The population of people using anabolic steroids is no longer limited to professional athletes looking to gain an edge. Studies show that children may use steroids as early as the 8th grade. Many schools and sporting agencies find that testing for steroid abuse is not only advisable, but necessary.
Our lab now offers laboratory testing using LC/MS/MS instead of GC/MS. Choosing ASC as your steroid testing partner will assure compliance and accurate results. Each test is analyzed with our proven method; no screens!
|Customized Steroid/Drug Panels available upon request|
The Most Advanced Technology Available
Our lab has the most accurate technology available for the steroid testing community. Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is research quality laboratory equipment, and can accurately quantify substances well below cutoff levels. This technology surpasses Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS), which in the past has been labeled the “gold standard.” Our lab currently owns and operates 4 LC/MS/MS instruments and we are constantly investing in our technology. Our lab is the platinum standard.
Collection Process & Shipment
The urine collection device developed by our lab is as innovative as the testing process. A syringe within a sealable tube minimizes accidental spills or specimens destroyed in transport. The design provides ample volume of specimen for the lab and is less bulky than urine transport cups. ASC's collection devices are compact and lightweight, this reduces transportation costs.
The collection/transportation device provided by American Screening Corporation is meant for the dual purpose of providing sufficient sample size and providing an easy and efficient means to transport the sample to the laboratory for analysis.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Procedure for collection of sample:
||(Same device for drugs and steroids)
- Collect urine sample in sterile cup or other sterile receptacle.
- Using the collection/transportation device, syringe or draw a full tube of sample pulling the syringe handle to its end;
- Place cap over the end;
- Break off the syringe handle and discard;
- Place removable bar code strip from the Chain of Custody form onto the device up one side, over the top, and down the other side. This will “seal” the device and insure that its contents have not been tampered with;
- Complete the Chain of Custody form in its entirety, saving one copy for your records; and
- Package the sample and ship to our Laboratory using the provided shipping material and label.
If you have any questions feel free to call 318-227-4994.