Healthy Mom, Happy Baby Yoga DVD
Prenatal Yoga to Help Support a Healthy Pregnancy
The evidence is clear: when you exercise regularly and gently during your pregnancy, you help yourself and your baby. Babies born to exercising mothers are healthier, experience fewer fetal complications during labor, and may even receive neurobehavioral benefits as a result of their mom's exercise regime while they are in utero.
Yoga is regarded as the ideal form of exercise for pregnant women - a perfect way to meet the 30 minutes of exercise prescribed by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Healthy Mom, Happy Baby is a gentle prenatal yoga practice designed for all three trimesters of your pregnancy. This video will help you:
• Strengthen and build stamina in the muscles used during childbirth.
• Learn meditation techniques to help you access deep relaxation - a tool you can use to replenish yourself between contractions.
• Learn breathing and visualization strategies to release tension and manage pain during labor.
• Increase your confidence and trust in the innate wisdom of your body.
• Connect with your changing body and your growing baby.
• Enjoy uninterrupted time to explore your emotions as you make the transition to motherhood.
About the Instructors: Anna Davis is a mother of two girls as well as a neurophysiologoist, science educator, and certified yoga instructor. With a doctorate in Physiology and Biophysics, Anna combines her extensive education with practical instruction to offer a comprehensive yoga practice. Lisa Black is an accomplished yoga instructor, owner of two studios and a proud new mother. Lisa was recently honored by Yoga Journal as part of a select group of instructors "...who are shaping yoga's future".
"This video is led by two experienced yoga teachers who are also moms. It is a strong Vinyasa practice to support women through their pregnancies. I feel pregnant women everywhere would benefit from it."
- Ana Forrest, Founder of Forrest Yoga and Contributing Expert to Yoga Journal
Please note: This DVD only plays correctly on U.S. and Canadian DVD players (region code 1).
About this Yoga Practice
Healthy Mom, Happy Baby is suitable for women in all stages of their pregnancy. The practice begins with a gentle warm-up that includes centering breath work, followed by 40 minutes of physical poses and ends with a 10 minute guided relaxation. You can do the entire practice or you can create your own shorter practice by selecting one or more of the exercise series listed below from the DVD menu.
Prenatal Yoga includes:
2. Arm strengthening
3. Standing Series I and II
5. Back Bending
6. Hip Opening
7. Final Relaxation (Savasana)