Ancestry by DNA
Unlock the secrets hidden inside your DNA! Find out more about yourself and your family through our unique DNA test. Our Ancestry by DNA test has been used in many situations:
- As a first step in finding out more about one's ancestors—for "beginner" family historians, persons who were adopted, or just plain curious about their ancestry
- As a scientific tool to confirm information found through genealogy research or find out the truth about a family legend
- As a fun teaching tool for parents who want to share their family history with their children (and teach them about DNA in the process!)
Ancestry by DNA tests are performed to determine an individual's bio-geographic ancestry. Whether you're interested in researching your family history, or just simply want to learn more about yourself, this test can provide you with a better understanding of your genetic ancestry and provide a window into further research about your possible ancestors.
This test gives an estimated percentage of ancestry from four population groups:
• Indigenous American. This group is composed of people who migrated to inhabit North, South and Central America.
• European. This people group includes Europeans, Middle Easterners, and South Asians.
• East Asian. This people group includes the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, and Pacific Islanders.
• African. This group includes people with roots in the Sub-Saharan region of Africa.
What You Recieve
When you purchase an Ancestry by DNA test, you will receive the following:
• DNA Sample Collection Kit: An easy-to-use DNA sample collection kit containing cheek swabs and complete instructions
• Personalized Certificate PDF: Ancestry Test Certificate listing your ancestral percentage
• AncestrybyDNA™ Results Manual PDF: A detailed Ancestry by DNA manual that explains your results, as well as provides more information about ancestry testing and human migration history.
Please note that this test does not predict or establish a person's race*; it only gives an estimate of genetic ancestry or heritage, for example:
*Residents of CA, MD, NY States require the testing to be ordered by a licensed healthcare provider in your state. Please include a prescription for testing when sending in your sample.